Sunday 9 October 2022

Pets

 Published first on 03.02.2012 on the older version of my blog, verbatim with original title.


"I want pets
 
I want a dog, a monkey, a sparrow, and a pair of goldfish.
The dog, I will carry on my arm (it has to be a small dog, and not too furry, please), the monkey will sit on my shoulder, the sparrow may either twitter around my head or perch on the other shoulder, and the fish – I’m still thinking about a way to carry them around, though I haven’t gone any further than the obvious idea of putting them in a transparent water-bottle and hanging the bottle around my neck. “Like me!” added my eight-year-old cousin, excitedly, when I told him about it. Yes, like a school-kid.

Names:
Dog – Hoku
Monkey – Fix
Sparrow – Chee
Fish1 and Fish2 – Doodle-dee and Doodle-dum

In case you are wondering why the fish get bigger names than the others, let me explain to you the basis of my pet nomenclature.
The quiet little fish will have precious little do, except stay in their amount of water, swim around, eat boring fish-food, kiss/cuddle each other and contemplate on the world at large through the clearglass. The others, the mammals and the feathered dear, on the other hand, will have lots to do, numerous places to go, various things to eat and a lot of noise to make. Hence I balanced it out in their names. I am being fair, you see."
 
 
Now, on 09.10.2022, I have pets. They are two dogs and a cat. 
The older fawn dog with wolf markings on his forehead - Kiba. 
The younger black dog who looks like we don't feed her but actually eats twice the amount of food Kiba eats - Mishti. 
The cat with a white throat, a caramel back and honey-coloured eyes - Bella Miao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bear's Bread

We went on a jeep ride through the Bannerghatta National Park and saw sloth bears yesterday. The jeep driver told us that these bears mix h...