Saturday 12 March 2022

Hasty decisions

Last year I had taken upon the task of studying for a postgrad course on a distance education programme.

There are a few reasons why I took this decision, despite knowing how little time I would have left over in a day after working a full-time job, and being thoroughly aware of how much attention three pets and a partner require:

1. The urge to do something other than my tedious day-job surged in me like boiling lava, and before I knew it, I had enrolled myself in a course.

2. I thought it would be a cool experiment to study something I had no interest in, and see if I could do it. So, I chose "Public Administration".

3. It felt possible to me then, because the University allowed the students to finish the course in three to four years, instead of the usual two. 

4. I rather fancied I could be one those people who study many different things just for the heck of it.

Now, after a year and a few months, I have only read a few pages, haven't submitted (or written) any of the assignments and have no idea of how to start getting a grip on things. Also, the subject is, quite obviously, very boring. But I continue to hope at the end of every day that I shall study a page or two tonight, and if not tonight, then surely tomorrow night.

Perhaps trying to unearth interesting things in my course material so that I can blog about them will inspire me to study?

1 comment:

Bear's Bread

We went on a jeep ride through the Bannerghatta National Park and saw sloth bears yesterday. The jeep driver told us that these bears mix h...